The Best of Both Worlds
Birthright Israel has updated their eligibility rules. High school-age teens who travel to Israel with BBYO can now also return as a young adult using the Birthright Israel gift.
In short, you now can get the best of both worlds.
This change means you don't have to worry about disqualification from Birthright when you take part in a 3-6 week BBYO summer experience like ILSI, Israel Journey, Trek Israel -- or any of the BBYO experiences that combine travel to Israel and Europe, Costa Rica or the Western USA.
Here's more good news. BBYO has a record amount of scholarships available for teens traveling to Israel this summer according to need.
Discover why you should experience Israel in high school, and join us this coming summer for the adventure. Availability is limited. It's time!!
Eligibility Rules Explained
Although the detailed rules have not yet been issued by Birthright Israel, we can tell you now that...
- Applicants who traveled to Israel prior to turning 18 on a peer program shorter than three months in length are eligible.
- Applicants who traveled to Israel prior to turning 18 on a peer program longer than three months in length may be eligible. Clarification will be posted here soon.
- Applicants who traveled to Israel after turning 18 on a peer program designed for high school teens may be eligible. Clarification will be posted here soon.
- Applicants who traveled to Israel on a peer program and turned 18 during the trip may be eligible. Clarification will be posted here soon.
- Applicants who are 18 but have not yet graduated from high school are not eligible.
- Applicants who traveled to Israel since turning 18 on a family trip, a multi-generational trip, or some interfaith/secular experiences are eligible.
- Applicants who traveled to Israel after turning 18 on a peer program designed for college students or young adults are not eligible. Such programs include any study abroad, gap year, yeshiva/seminary, and any other experience under the umbrella of Masa Israel.
Opportunities for BBYO Alumni on Birthright Israel
The same people who help organize BBYO Passport programs in Israel are also the most popular orgranizer of Birthright Israel trips. BBYO alumni qualify for VIP trip selection status when they register for Birthright Israel with Israel Outdoors. This means you'll have a much better chance of getting on the trip of your choice along with any friends who want to join you on the journey. Lock-in your BBYO alumni VIP status.